We will consider adopting out-of-state, depending on the dog. Dogs that may be considered ineligible for out-of-state adoption include our shy/fearful and special needs dogs, or dogs with behavioral issues.
- Out-of-state adopters must be within driving distance and willing to travel to Colorado to meet the dog. All members of the household, including any resident dog(s), must be present. If there are cats in the applicant’s home,they are not require to make the trip, however, only dogs that have proven to be good with cats will be considered.
- The applicant will be responsible for all travel expenses for their family, and for the adopted Shiba if they are approved. The applicant will also be responsible for costs incurred during their visit, including but not limited to transportation, lodging, and meals.
- Dogs will not be approved for adoption if travel by plane is required.
- Making a trip to Colorado does not guarantee that you will be approved for adoption.
- We do not ship dogs, ever.
- We do not adopt dogs out sight unseen, ever.