How you can help…

Colorado Shiba Inu Rescue is a volunteer-only non-profit organization. We operate on an shoestring annual budget of only about $35K per year.

98% of the funds we raise go directly to veterinary care, training, and rescue supplies. The other 2% are administrative costs like license fees and insurance.

We rely on donations, adoption fees, and passive fundraising programs, like the King Soopers Community Rewards and Walk for A Dog app, for our operating funds.

We do not receive any state/federal funds or grants. We do occasionally apply for, and receive grants from other non-profit animal rescue related organizations, like Shiba Prom and Shiba Inu Rescue Resource of America (SIRRA).

Click on the links below to explore the different ways you can help us continue to rescue Shibas.


Ask your employer about pre-tax charitable giving & matching programs!

Start a Facebook Fundraiser benefiting COSIR

Shop King Soopers

Walk for a Dog


Last, but not least, SPREAD THE WORD! You can do that in a few ways:

1) Encourage people to adopt, not shop. Pet overpopulation is an uphill battle and it is something we can’t fight alone.  

2) When you meet people who are interested in a Shiba, tell them they are NOT for everyone. It’s important to share how challenging the breed can be and point out some of the most common reasons Shibas end up in rescue, like not getting along with kids or other dogs.

3) Direct them to our website, particularly the Shiba 101 page, and encourage them to talk to COSIR, or other Shiba owners, before deciding to get one just based on how darn cute they are!